Lagoons - Sludge Activating Aerators
Reliant Water’s Lagoon Master Sludge Activating Aerator mimics a secondary clarifier in a lagoon or pond. It uses moving water to continuously roll along the bottom of the lagoon, the sludge and all bottom sediments, become activated - eventually completing the digestion of all of the organic matter in the bottom sediments. This process performs the following:
- Eliminates the organic solids in the sludge completely through microbial digestion;
- Provides enough dissolved oxygen to keep the entire microbial population alive and thriving;
- Oxidizes, through continual vertical mixing, all of the trapped waste gases (nitrogen, ammonia and H2S) in the water column and sludge, thereby cleaning the water;
- Eliminates all odors in the body of water;
- Eliminates stratification and seasonal turnover throughout the entire body of water;
- Reduces the sludge buildup to the point that pond/lagoon dredging is set back indefinitely.